Having an impact driver means saying goodbye to the stripped fastener heads and half-sunk screws. If there is anything that can be said to be an example of the right tool for the right job, it is the impact driver only. It is a handheld device that can be effortlessly driven even the longest of screws into hardwood and does it while leaving the heads clean and sharp. There is no better evidence than that than the impact driver.
Uses of Impact Drivers: The cordless impact drivers can be used in various ways for doing different kinds of jobs involving in the construction of buildings. The professionals indulging in the manufacturing and construction works can tighten the screws and bore the holes as well by using the impact cordless driver. There are various situations where the cordless impact drivers can work well with its functions. Following are some of its functions:
- The first and foremost function of the cordless impact driver is that it can drive in the screws.
- It can also loosen the tightened screws, nuts and bolts.
- It can also help in driving the long as well as thick fasteners into the hard material.
- It can also help in removing or eliminating the car break-drums.
Working on the cordless impact drivers:
- Generally, the cordless impact driver works by combining the rotational force with a hammering action that would generate a high horsepower. Suppose the situation arises when you are turning the screw, then you would start tapping over the screw with the standard drills or hammer in the direction of the rotation. By using the cordless impact driver, you would drive the screw very faster.
- The process of lifting the hammer and rotates around the screws where ever required then it pushes down the spring, then hammer hits the screw moving the power rotation to it, and this can be done until the work is not being done.
Impact Driver Buyers Instructions
If you are thinking of adding the impact driver in your toolbox but you have no idea of from where to start what to know while buying or selecting the impact drivers for your kit. So followings points will help you to come out of this situation.
- There is a built-in- LED lights that threw light on the targeted area where you need the lightening facilities. This also helps you to see the objects in the darker areas, and it also saves the power of the battery.
- It also provides you, people, to have the adjustable clutches that helps you further to have a fine-tune that exerts faster than the others.
- The cordless impact driver also helps you to drive the screws in the smaller woodworks like in cabinets, doors and windows.
- This also has a unique feature that is it helps to increase productivity because it has the keyless chucks and fast release functions well in the drive.
- In most of the situations, the driver tools vibrate very fast, but this cordless drive has vibration protection which helps the professionals in minimizing the amount of the vibration.
- You can also use the toggle switch that lets you switch the action of driving to reverse.
- There are well-built designs and unique feature that help to ease someone of the shocks that this cordless drive transmits. It has a well-built design which has the rubber pistol grips on it that avoids the repetitive stress.
- The impact drivers have very soft start, which is usually safer to use and also helps to maintain the life of the tool.
- There are a Neutral switch and the switch locks that make it so that the impact driver does not duct its battery by averting adventitious switch presses while it is in your tool bag.
What to keep in mind when buying an impact driver?
There are most of the advantages that the cordless impact drivers have. Following are some of the essential features that you people have to find out while a selection of the impact drivers.
TORQUE: By using the cordless impact drivers, you can screw a longer screw as it generates a lot of torque which is very beneficial over the standard drills. It merely means that you can drive a big hole with this smaller drive. The impact drivers have plenty of the torque in it. The torque is always measured in inch-pounds.
ROTATION PER MINUTE(RPM): In most of the drivers, it has three or more RPM Stages. Today modernized impact drivers always try to save the power without giving the exact maximum rotations per minute all at once. The minimum RPM generally varies from 800- 850 RPM’S and maximum RPM varies to 3000 RPM’S. If you are looking forward to the maximum RPM, this will give you faster to do the job. If you have too high RPM, it starts to tend strip screw heads and run softer on the wood which is again the issue that you want to avoid during a selection of the impact drivers.
VOLTAGE OR AMPERAGE: The Cordless impact drivers come in: 12 volts, 18 volts, 20 volts, 24-volt versions but the most popular sizes for cordless impact drivers are the 18 V versions and the 12V versions. Corded versions can go for anywhere between 7 A to more than 9 A.
BATTERY CAPACITY: For cordless models, the battery capacity is measured in Amp-hours (Ah). The higher the Ah is, the bigger the capacity of the battery, the longer it will last between charges. The electronic power tool identity will generally include the pack up of battery that the professionals can change with the different electronic tools.
Motor: The cordless impact driver has the electric motor in it. It also has the brushless motor as well. If you can buy the brushless motor impact drivers, then it will prove to be very useful to you as it does not get heated up like regular drivers or drills. They are very efficient as it helps to do the works very smoothly with minimum cost and time.
Size and weight: The cordless impact drivers are very comfortable to handle in the hands due to its size, weight. It is straightforward to carry on the wrists. The professionals can handle the device very quickly without too much twisting while working for a more extended period. So when you are going to buy the impact drivers for your toolbox, you have to carefully evaluate how it feels into your hands, how much it weighs, and how much space it covers.
IMPACTS PER MINUTE(IPM): The IPM means that how many blusters the internal hammer makes in sixty seconds. As higher the IPM, the impact driver can move faster. Higher IPM means that you will get fasteners in and out for the same level of the torque. The models such as 12V and 18V they have the IPMS in between 1750-3750. The impact drivers are an instrumental part of the manufacturing tools.
Not just for driving screws: The cordless impact drivers are straightforward to bore the big holes as well. It is not just used for driving the screws but also acts as a drill. You can drill up to 1/4th inch or so. It has a massive amount of torque in it.
One-handed drive: The cordless impact drivers are one-handed drive. While using the standard drill, you have to put the weight behind the screw and push the screw hardly, but this kind of pressure is not needed while using the cordless impact drivers.
Easy to handle: The cordless impact drivers are straightforward to handle. Sir Isaac Newton has explained that the cordless impact driver generally generates very low twisting of the wrist than standard drills or drivers. A little electronic device can do the work very quickly.
While buying cordless impact driver, you have to carefully evaluate the things mentioned above such as battery power, weight, size, torque etc. The cordless impact drivers are a potent electronic tool that every professional indulging in the constructions or manufacturing works should have to add it on its toolbox kit.